Monday, August 8, 2011

inspiration

Inspiration can mean so many different things.  For me, when I'm styling a bride I look to images and objects I see around me in print, on-line and in person to motivate me to create something great. I do have an affinity toward gowns of the past, because like anything in fashion trends tend to run in cycles but each time with a modern spin. We can learn so much from gowns of the past-silhoette, applique, fabric. The image I always carry in my mind is the elegance of the late Princess Grace as a bride in 1956. Not all brides want that "classic" look for their wedding day, but most brides still want a subtle reflection or perhaps just a whisper of that iconic Princess Grace look. Look around for your inspiration before your meet with your stylist at a bridal boutique. It may be a piece of jewelry your grandmother has had since you were a child. Whatever and wherever your find your inspiration--it's uniquely yours!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I've always loved Princess Grace's dress! Don't you think Prince William's Kate wore a similar style? I like her modern classic look in all she wears. I'd love to hear your thoughts on that recent royal gown, my dear fashionista friend.
    I like what you write here about finding inspiration in various ways, especially from the past. :)
    Love Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love reading them!