Monday, December 26, 2011

Twinkle, Twinkle Bright Star

It's the holidays and everything is so bright, festive and warm as family and friends wish us greetings of peace and love! Accepting a wedding proposal at Christmas is such a profound and symbolic declaration of love between two people as it is a time to reflect and celebrate the infinite love of the Lord.
elegant winter look
nicole a chic "snowball" for her
December wedding
ice on the neck by Kristin Morris
We see lots of giddy brides step through our doors this time of year still floating with excitement and staring non-stop at that beautiful, star twinkling on their left hand! Any engagement is special, but during the holidays it conjures a time of "comfort and joy" like no other time of year. The ring is new, light and a fresh chapter for the couple's life together.  Toasts of congratulations around the holiday table for the bride and groom to be are endearing and memorable.
simple accessories capture the season
I adore working with brides planning a Christmas or New Year's wedding. So much inspiration is drawn from the holiday traditions of color and decor with modern twists that reflect the bride and groom. I've seen everything from full on red and green color palettes to soft accents of gold used in these events. I love accenting a holiday wedding with lots of "winter wedding" accessories like the faux muff and stole or pave set deco earrings for that retro glam look. If possible use a "bridal coat" or cloak for amazing drama and style. Faux fur and feathers are my thing and can be done in a simple, delicate presence without overwhelming where they are placed or who wears them.
PINK! floral muff paired with a coat trimmed
with faux cuffs-divine
The New Year's eve wedding is one of the most romantic and equally festive dates to choose. Beginning a life together as husband and wife at the helm of a new year is so rich in meaning. The silver screen "Jean Harlow" black and white aesthetic for New Year's eve is one of my favorites. Everything in the wedding palette is black and white (see my earlier post about the black and white combo) with lots of twinkle from lights and bubbly champagne. It's a built in celebration that is taken to another (literally) brilliant level on the last night of one year and the newborn hours of another. 
I wish you all laughter, love and lots of twinkle during these holidays! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading my relatively new, blog and I hope you'll continue to check in throughout 2012!

1 comment:

  1. Maria, I just get lost in your descriptions of couture. You are so talented, my friend! These posts make me want to get married all over again. I'll think of you next week as I attend my brother-in-law's wedding and will be sure to update you on the beauty witnessed.
    Love to you & happy new year,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love reading them!