Thursday, October 6, 2016

Rack Revelations

"Posh Bridal" photo
So much of life is about perspective. What I see may not be what you see and vice versa. Those distinct tastes and opinions make this world the way it is. When I see a rolling rack with wedding gowns draped from pretty hangers, I always catch my breath. This time of year when designers proudly present their new collections at bridal market, I pinch myself when I gaze at the rack morsels. Fabric on utilitarian metal racks is a feeling like no other!

Conversely, you may walk in to a boutique with such racks of splendor and all you seem to feel is nausea. The overwhelming feeling hits you hard. How do I find my dress in this totality of fluff? Where do I begin you might say. Or some brides feel like a kid on Halloween feverishly riding on adrenaline grabbing every dress they can. The result in both of these scenarios is usually frustration, confusion and ultimately the "rack loathe".  

Ideally, the boutique you visit should have the gowns organized to facilitate ease of selection. Many small boutiques use the gowns on racks to highlight the aesthetic of the boutique making the room of dresses very inviting. The process should not be intimidating, but enjoyable with a stylist at your side assisting with gown selection. Never pull more than 3 gowns at at time and remove all eliminations quickly to make for clear decisions. The stylist should assist with this process through out your visit.

Many brides enjoy the freedom of rifling through the dresses to perhaps behold that special one! You should be involved in the process, but allow your stylist to lead through the maze of fabric, price points and styles. This will alleviate your stress and build the important client stylist relationship needed to find the perfect gown for you.

When a wedding gown is chosen from a rack, tried on and magic happens, that is the true crux of my passion. Beautiful dresses on racks are only ornamentation until one is selected for a bride. Maybe by the time the wedding day arrives, your rack ruminations will be forgotten and you have your own to show how really lovely they can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love reading them!