Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Dream Daze

Most people remember their dreams.  At the very least they have dream recall on occasion. Dreams fascinate me on many levels, but mostly because they have yet to be fully understood.  A purge of the  subconscious? A brain unload? A fantasy buried deep within us only our dream state can reveal? Not sure we'll ever know what our minds are fully capable of. I see dreams as a gift to embrace and behold.

Planning a wedding is living a dream for many. It may not seem like it as credit cards are stretched and stress levels rise with deadlines, but ultimately like dreams they are a glorious, finite time. Weddings harness a deep energy and passion of our minds that manifest the depths of our souls. Well, perhaps I'm being a bit dramatic. I can't help but romanticize this time in a woman's life as extraordinary.

When I ask a bride to describe her ideal wedding gown I frequently hear the words princess, glamorous, sexy, classic, elegant. Beneath those words are her dreams. The way she imagines herself as a bride. Maybe those details were what she dreamed since childhood. It's my job to capture as many of her dreams as possible and translate them to reality in the form of her special gown! Listening to a bride is one of the most crucial parts of my job as a stylist. If your stylist is not listening to you, it might not be a healthy partnership for you or the boutique.

I also hear many overwhelmed brides say they can't focus on what they really want. They love everything and can't decide on one special dress. I would say they are fighting that dream daze that lives inside. It is there waiting to be embraced and the only one that can evoke it is the bride herself. When I have a block and dreams aren't surfacing, I scour the internet to find images that speak to me.

Illustrations for me are heavenly to look at. When I find one that makes my heart skip a beat, my  dreaming resumes.
Katharine Asher Illustration
What's your dream daze? Where can you find it without visual overload? Explore with your eyes, imagine with your mind, take a breath and unlock those dreams. Never believe dreams don't come true. You and I are living proof they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love reading them!