Monday, January 25, 2016

Nettling Nature

It is true that with age comes wisdom. Though we can be the wisest of them all, our human tendencies can elude our mindfulness.

I met a beautiful, young woman a month ago who clearly knew what she wanted for her wedding gown. The first few minutes of our acquaintance told me her style without her uttering those specific words. Her body language, choice of words, and appearance allowed my opinions to form. Her intellect clearly obvious, I prepared myself for numerous inquiries and lengthy explanations. I knew we'd need to dissect her wedding gown piece by piece for several hours to make her comfortable for purchase. My assumptions braced me, but ultimately obscured what could have been a clearer client/stylist path for both of us.

Just as we the stylists allow human nature to sneak up on us, so too do brides. For the bride, however, assumptions can wreak havoc on her finite experience as a bride to be. It truly breaks my heart when a bride can't allow herself to be happy. Assumptions can be insidious, unassuming and painful that ultimately create overwhelming anxiety.
gown by vera wang

brooch vintage accessories
It is part of life, facing our humaness and no one is immune. It's what makes us vulnerable and imperfect as our creator intended, but we can rely on each other, trust one another to find joy. Be open minded. Consider a blush gown instead of light ivory. Wear your grandmother's brooch if not on your gown, then on your handbag or in your bouquet. Try a cathedral veil for a poolside, casual wedding. Make each visit to a boutique positive without assuming the worst.  Go with your heart and let it organically transport you to a place of memorable, genuine, exuberant, happiness.

You deserve this special, time in your life to be one of the best. You are human, but you're a woman who is about to marry. Nothing, not even assumptions, should deny you this adventure.


My very, best wishes for a memorable, blessed New Year. Hope you like my new banner and updated look to the blog. I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to write about what I love. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading. xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love reading them!