Friday, October 3, 2014

Perfect Love

I read recently that human beings can't comprehend perfect love, because we are imperfect. We are incapable of giving or receiving perfect love. Despite this sobering notion,  I would contest that I've come close to perfect love so far in my life. I've seen it around me, I've been touched by it and I know it exists in the world albeit in its imperfect form. Perhaps like the facets of a diamond the human scope of love exists on several angles, sides and surfaces in our hearts.

One of my angles has belonged, since childhood, to wedding gowns.  When October comes around each year my pulse quickens with anticipation as I prepare to attend bridal fashion week in New York. Every year I'm mesmerized by the garments talented designers showcase. The level of detail exuding from each piece that I eagerly fix my eyes is humbling. Newborn designs make their debut down the runway as I study with a buyer's mind, but weakened in the knees with a fanatic's obsession. Imperfect love in the air at bridal week.


Tattoo lace, tulle, volume skirts, sleeves, clustered beading, illusion, color, old Hollywood are some of the themes and trends I expect to see next weekend. Each designer attempts to dazzle buyers with their version of the trends and a personal aesthetic stamp. It's a whirlwind of activity and at times chaos that overwhelms even the seasoned attendee. The excitement is palpable and the pace fast as time escapes my delirious love, sick mind. Exhausted mentally, but resuscitated creatively bridal week is stylists' marathon.

A bonus plan for this year's visit is to complete my search for vintage pieces I've been curating. My micro vintage accessory business should be completed this Fall with a launch soon after. Another facet of my heart's desire- vintage jewelry.

My trip journal will be full of notes and ideas that will propel my innate passion for wedding styling to another level. My future posts will connect with what my eyes witness on the runways. But my heart will rejoice wildly within that facet wedding gowns occupy and perhaps give me just a glimpse of heavenly, perfect love.















1 comment:

  1. Have a ball this weekend my friend! You will be like a kid in a candy store. Soak it all in...
    Oh, and I love your previous post with the photo of you & Al. Happy 20 year anniversary (belated)!!!
    I loved celebrating with you that lovely day when you were a beautiful bride.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love reading them!